4.18.2008

IN THE PRESENT & NEWS BITS

4/18/2008

In the Present

Labels limit us

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
-- Lao Tzu

How do you define yourself, to yourself and others? Are you first and foremost a husband/wife? A mother/father? A bus driver,marketer, dentist, musician, fashion designer ... ? A Christian, Muslim, Jew ...? A nag, joker, dreamer ...?

Be aware that any label puts limits on you. Today, experience how it feels to let go of the labels to rest in ‘I am.’ Feel the freedom, the spaciousness, the infinite potential of simply being (give yourself at least 2 min. amidst the noise to listen to the inner voice speaking).

I leave you with the words of Eckhart von Hochheim: "As long as I am this or that, I am not all things."

NEWS BITS

I have decided to scratch away the NEWS BITS section today. I want you readers to focus on today's In The Present lesson. No worries, it'll be back first thing Monday morning!

No comments: