4.07.2008

OBSESSIONS!

Just look at it!


A more close-up shot just to check the details!


Last week during a taping break (stay tune for clip), I walked into the Ralph Lauren mini-mansion in SOHO (Madison ave. holds the larger mansion) just to see the new menswear collection(s) on-hand. Ralphie never fails with the offerings! It’s rad to see him conquer new design boundaries season-after-season. I toured the regal-like space and noticed many prospects, but no guarantees. Until that is, I saw my new OBSESSION and must-get: Ralph Lauren’s Black Label’s Monza II belted jacket.

At first glance from a distance, I figured it was part of the more athletic-inspired RLX collection. The jacket’s glistening buckle throat latch and hook-and-eye closure pulled me in like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. The many dual flap pockets and grommet ventilations only heightened my impulses to purchase the investment piece.

The shop associates must have said “why is this guy inspecting the Monza like that?”

It’s classic. It’s wearable. It’s fresh-and-fly. It’s worth the 650+ tag. Lastly, it’s a Ralph piece you’ll always cherish—even at 65 years of age!




No comments: