5.14.2008

CLASSIC STLYE BREATHES MODERN INSPIRATION


Robert Redford in "The Great Gatsby."

On a recent tour, or call it scroll on Men's Vogue I walloped into an awesome feature: 50 Films that influenced Men's style. From superb flicks, I grab inspirations and creative ideas for my own human devices. But with style--the watched movies are seeped into my subconscious; then instructing my style choices.

Kudos to all the great movie wardrobe and costume personnel who captures the spirit of a film!!

I gathered my faves and some referenced from Men's Vogue for their authoritative male style.



Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
Mr. Bogart is sporting a lax trenchcoat by Burberry. Talk about classic--this is from 1942!


Legendary Sidney Poitier in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!
Sidney's style flair with appropriate bravado made this entire movie I believe!

Cool guy James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause.

Rebels like Dean and Marlon Brando invented 'cool on the screens.' They made sporting fitted blue jeans with bleach-white tees OK. Now, this look has become a modern staple for Gents everywhere!

Side note: I got this awesome T-shirt (Sole Mates) last weekend with James Dean on the front accompanied by an emblazoned caption: BACK WHEN COOL WAS EZ. It's the ultimate Tee!

Michael Douglas in Wall Street.
Douglas' sturdy braces and banker collar shirts made you want to trade on the big Wall!

Readers: What were some of your favorite style-filled movies?


No comments: