5.02.2008

A COVER ALWAYS GRASP!

NEW YORK OBSERVER Cover

To be honest I never read or had interest in scoping my pupils through the NY Observer until this Tuesday. Well, thinking back, I was excited when this Ivy League gent (under 30) purchased the paper a while back. I digress. I'm at the job Tuesday morning and a colleague says in passing "this is up your alley." He knew me good, because it totally was. Barack+ Men's Fashion= In Mr. MSR interest. I filched the paper and laughed and favored the fashion-forward Barack caricature.

Simon Doonan (Barney's Creative Director + regular contributor to NY Observer) wrote the Barackie O! article going on about designer 'what ifs?' for the candidates: Imagine Hillary Clinton in Cristóbal Balenciaga and McCain in Lanvin?

The below shot is Barack Obama donning Jean Paul Gaultier collection pieces.


Caricature or not, the Gaultier overcoat is great!

No comments: