1.27.2008

Exclusive YouTube: Yves Saint Laurent Men Fall/Winter '08-09 (Homme) Collection




I mentioned in an earlier post that YSL would privy online viewers to their recent tight-vip-attendee menswear collection runway presentation.

So after searching tirelessly all over the net for the YSL F/W ’08 Men’s collection, we finally found it. Always-reliable YouTube delivers once more! The video is slightly over 7 minutes long. Before I give my feedback, much deserve cred goes to Stefano Pilati for thinking outside-of-the-fashion-week-box.

If I was to derive a name for this video I would call it: complex-creative. The complexity comes into play from the non-stop theatrics. The contrived effects: screen spilt pop-outs; mirroring visuals and motioned graphics forces the viewer (I had to replay several scenes) to go back another time to analyze or simply see the collection offerings and details. On the flipside, the creative movement presentation from British actor Simon Woods was enjoyable.

MS R analytical eye managed to ketch some favorites:

A velvet mustard and black hyper-slim suit jackets.

Fresh classic-cut black trench coats that I think will sellout for fall.

Sky-blue shirt (pretty voluminous. reminiscent of 1970’s style) with black round tip collar.

(the only favorites for now. i’m sure once i see the look book I can gather more faves-especially the footwear.)

YSL RUNWAY PRESENTATION





No comments: